Metal roofs are increasingly popular these days and not only as roofing for homes, but as roofs for commercial buildings and industrial facilities as well.
According to a top Fort Worth roofing company, metal is, indeed, an exceptionally feature-rich roofing material – here are a few of the qualities that make it so appreciated:
- Longevity – metal roofs can stay on the building for 40-70 years without requiring the owner to perform any difficult maintenance, much longer than most other types of roofing materials.
- Durability – metal roofs are strong, anti-corrosive and they can withstand any weather. They can stand up against strong winds, harsh sunshine, heavy snow and rain and they are not susceptible to rodents and other pests either.
- Safety – metal roofs do not ignite, so they are suitable for buildings in areas close to forests or where there is an increased risk of fire.
- Energy efficiency – metal roofs are very popular in hot areas because they reflect solar radiant heat and they can reduce cooling-related energy needs by an amazing 20-25%.
- Green roofing solutions – metal can be recycled without compromising its quality. Many metal roofing panels are made from recycled materials, which decreases not only the price, but the ecologic footprint of the roofing panels as well.