Regardless of whether the attic of a house is transformed into a living space or not, it is necessary to be properly insulated, as insulation represents the best protection against moisture, heat loss and exterior noise.
30% of the heat is lost through the roof, which is significant. Besides, a humid atmosphere in the attic causes the degradation of the wooden structure of the roof, which endangers the security of the entire building.
Reasons to insulate the attic:
- Expanding the space available for living and practical activities
- Using the attic in convenient conditions of temperature and humidity
- Enjoying sound efficiency
- Increasing the comfort in the other rooms of the house, by reducing heat transfer through the ceilings
- Significant reduction of heating and air conditioning costs
- Maintaining a stable temperature for long periods of time
- Protecting the health of residents by minimizing the chances of mold formation
- Longer lifespan of the roof and its structure
New buildings are designed with adequate attic insulation, due to the current requirements. But if you own an older building, it will be necessary to rehabilitate this space yourself. However, do not try to work on your own if you do not have the necessary experience, because the result could have negative consequences on your budget and comfort. Consulting with an attic insulation Fort Worth roofing company specialist is the best decision.